Pages

Wednesday 25 August 2021

Lighthouses

Lighthouses

Hi guys welcome back to my blog today we will be learning about lighthouses 

so lets get Started. I have been reading this journal called Pencarrow by Tricia Glensor it

is all about the first light house in New Zealand.

but now here are some facts about lighthouses before I read the journal to

you.

Facts:

1. The first lighthouse in the world is called the Egypt's Pharos of Alexandria.

2. The Country that has the most lighthouses is United States of America I think

3. The most photographed light house is The Portland head light 

4. The most visited Lighthouse is the Eastern point Light house I think it was Located in USA

5. Henry Winstanley was the first person to invent the first light house


Reading:

here is the video of me reading the journal.

                                                                   
                                                                      Part 1 of the Journal




Part 2 of journal

sorry for the background noises they were my little siblings
in the same room as me



Photo:


Here is a map showing where every light house is located in
the world.
 








End of Post:

Ok thank you for reading my blog and also here is a question to end the blog post off what is the newest light house if you know comment the answer anyways thanks for reading the post and watching the videos goodbye I hope to see you again on my blog.


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alizae
    Tino pai mahi!! Great reading on a really interesting topic - I enjoyed listening. It doesn't matter how young or old we are, there's something really cool about being read to, I reckon. I'd love to hear you reading some fiction some time.. maybe you could do a recording for your blog again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your feedback I really appreciate it

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Alizae,
    You have done an awesome job with your reading blog post! I really enjoyed reading your facts about lighthouses and listening to you read. What part of your Pencarrow journal article did you find the most interesting? Have you been to a lighthouse before?
    Keep up the great work.
    Miss Tozer.

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about